We’re Hiring a Regional Director for Ontario
One of the key ways we deliver services across the country is through our Regional Directors. We are currently looking for a Regional Director, located in Guelph, to serve this important role for Ontario.
Regional Director - NPC Ontario (Guelph, ON)
Natural Products Canada (NPC) is a not-for-profit organization with a vision to make Canada flourish as the Silicon Valley of natural products. It aims to align, expand, and optimize the pan-Canadian natural products ecosystem to accelerate the development of products and technology platforms that bring real value to real customers. NPC was established in 2016, and is funded by a range of public and private investors, including the Government of Canada’s Centre of Excellence in Commercialization and Research (CECR) program administered by the Networks of Centres of Excellence.
The Regional Director (RD) is the primary point of contact between NPC and its key clients, including industry, universities and research organizations. The RD plays a critical role in connecting clients with existing national expertise, infrastructure and facilities to accelerate the commercialization process. The RD is also responsible for identifying and evaluating investment opportunities that will deliver NPC’s objectives and offer significant commercial success. The position requires a skilled and engaged individual that is highly motivated to work with a diverse range of stakeholders to help accelerate the commercialization of natural products. The RD reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The position is based in Guelph, ON.
- Identify and evaluate natural product opportunities from industry, universities and research organizations within the region that offer significant commercial potential.
- Conduct effective prospecting activities to ensure a continual pipeline of natural product opportunities.
- Assist in implementation of the investment process including critical evaluation and due diligence of opportunities within and beyond Ontario.
- Identify relevant expertise, infrastructure, and other key resources within the region to build the NPC Network across Canada and facilitate faster commercialization of natural products.
- Manage relationships with key clients and NPC network members.
- Promote NPC to key clients, stakeholders and potential partners within the specific region.
- Recruit additional members and partners into the NPC network.
- Assist clients in the development of appropriate commercialization pathways to enhance investment success.
- Connect public research infrastructure to private industry to accelerate research, development, and commercialization.
- Travel, as necessary.
Experience and Skills Required
- Established track record of leading successful commercialization efforts in the public or private sector.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the investment and due diligence process.
- Experience in scientific, technology, and/or product assessment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Business development experience.
- Intellectual property management experience.
- Superior networking skills.
- Effective relationship builder.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Proven focus on measurement and results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- International experience is desirable.
- Regulatory and/or marketing experience is desirable.
- A Master of Business Administration and/or a graduate degree in a scientific discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience.
Interested individuals are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before April 21, 2017.
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.back to news